Saturday, September 8, 2012

2NE1

I`ve been so busy that I haven`t had the time to write.

Friday after school, I rushed out after class in a blur of excitement because I was going to see one of my favorite K-pop groups, 2NE1, in concert. Otousan and his car were waiting outside the school gate for me. He drove me home to where my friend from New Zealand was waiting for me since she finished school earlier. We quickly got ready and were driven to the other side of Nagoya  to the concert venue.

The two of us bought T-shirts and suvenirs and took pictures with the tour trucks before we joined the long line waiting to enter the stadium. We ended up with perfect seats. They were angled to the side with an amazing view of the stage and the big screen.

We were both surprised to find that we were seated next to an American who was in Japan to teaching English. The changes of be seated next to another foreigner in a crowd with so few Gaijins were slim.  It was wonderful to pass the time waiting for the concert to begin talking to our new friend IN ENGLISH!!!

The concert was fabulous!! 2NE1 gave an amzing preformance of some of there most popular songs like, "I Am The Best", "I Don`t Care", "Fire", "Lonely" and their new single "I Love You". Each member also performed a solo.

The entire concert was a whirl of neon colors. From the stage clothing and lights, to the brightly dressed crowd. The bass pounded through the stadium and pulsed through your body. The lights flashed and blinked in an a blinding rainbow. The entire concert twinkled from the blinking pink and blue lightsticks that were being waved to the rythym. Under the bright lights, the four members and their backup dancers danced in their neon clothing to the intricate choreography in perfect sync. Occasionally, fireworks and other pyrotechnics would burst forth from the stage, wowing the crowd.

At the end, the entire crowd was reluctent to leave, wishing that the rush would begin anew.

My friend and I made our way back to my house by JR and subway, talking over the details and special effects. We stopped at Sakae subway station to grab some icecream, food, and drinks to sooth our slightly hoarse throats and growling stomachs. We finnished up the night by talking until 3AM since she was spending the night at my house.

It was a truly fabulous day!     



No comments:

Post a Comment